HP Laserjet Pro P1109w Wireless Setup.
HP Laserjet Pro P1109w Wireless Setup. Collect items wireless network devices on your printer, and then connect to your wireless network, and then install the print drivers and software. Follow these steps to learn how to set up a wireless connection.
HP Laserjet Pro P1109w Wireless Setup
Installing the printer on a wireless network
The following shows how to install a wireless installation on HP LaserJet printers P1102w on a Windows computer. Follow the steps below:
Prepare for installation – Step 1:
Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
1. Collect the following items:
- Network name: The network name is the SSID.
- Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)
- A computer that is connected to the wireless network
- Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL
(Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website).
- Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.
2. Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.
3. Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.
Optional: If you previously installed the software on a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.
Collect items wireless network devices on your printer, and then connect to your wireless network, and then install the print drivers and software. Follow these steps to learn how to set up a wireless connection.
4. Optional: If you previously installed the software on a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.
- Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results. The printer software opens.
- Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.
Download and install the printer software – Step 2:
For the latest updates, HP recommends installing the most current version of the full feature printer software from the HP website.
As an alternative method to downloading the software, you can use the installation CD.
- Turn on the printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
- Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
Connect to the wireless network – Step 3:
To connect your printer to the wireless network, use a temporary USB connection. Do not connect the USB cable until the installation program prompts you.
1. When prompted, select the Connect through a wireless network option.
2. When prompted, connect the USB cable to the computer.
3. When the installation is complete, print a configuration report to make sure the printer has an SSID name.
- Make sure the Ready light is on and that the printer is idle and silent.
- Press and hold the Cancel button, and release it when the Ready light begins blinking. The Configuration report prints.
4. When the Configuration Report prints, disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Your printer is now set up to use over a wireless network connection.